THOMPSON DRIVING ZOOM PRIVACY
Thompson Driving is currently aware of security issues with using Zoom Meetings. We have contacted the Arkansas Attorney General’s Office and Zoom in regards to this. In a recent statement to USA TODAY, Zoom said it is “actively investigating and working to address these vulnerabilities and addressing the data issues that have been identified. “At Zoom, ensuring the privacy and security of our users and their data is paramount,” the statement said.
The staff of Thompson Driving takes protecting the personal information of our clients very seriously. In addition to our already established data protection measures we are taking the following additional steps in an effort to prevent any issues with our Zoom meetings:
- We have collected your personal and billing information by telephone only. This information was not shared by Zoom nor does Zoom have access to it. Zoom does have your email address; however, Zoom should not send you any emails after the class has been conducted. If they do, report the emails as spam. DO NOT open them and contact Thompson Driving to report this.
- Our Zoom Meeting classes are not open to the public. Only the clients who register with us will receive an email invitation.
- The link to our Zoom Meetings is not shared on our social media platforms. The invitation is sent to our clients directly.
- Participants cannot screenshare; only our host instructor can.
- Participants will not be able to see other participants. You will be able to see the instructor and the presentation.
- Participants are muted and cannot unmute themselves. Only the instructor will be heard.
- Participants can only chat with the instructor; not each other. The instructor can chat with everyone.
You can do the following:
- Keep your computer or smartphone’s operating software updated. Keep your virus and malware protection up to date. Invest in these programs for your computer and smartphone if you do not have them.
- Actively monitor your financial transactions and your credit.
- Zoom should not send you any emails after the class has been conducted. If they do, report the emails as spam. DO NOT open them and contact Thompson Driving to report this.
- Do not open any unsolicited or suspicious emails. Report them as spam.
If you have questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us at 501-223-8848 or at www.thompsondriving.com.